It is the season for coming out.
Recording artiste Jada Kingdom has shared some personal information on social media, saying that she is a lesbian.
The “Budum” artiste made the announcement on Twitter. “I remember just couple months ago, I finally for the first time gained the courage to tell my mother that I’m a lesbian & she told me she knew that all these years,” Kingdom tweeted.
Her announcement of course caused many to ask her questions, to which she responded, “Wait deh! So y’all telling me nobody knew all this time? So I was on mute? ok!”
She encouraged others to “live your life for you” since “we’re all going to die, regardless.”
The entertainer has been dating international producer Verse Simmonds since 2020.
The BET “Soul Train Awards” 2021 is almost here and we can hardly wait!
A partial list of performers has been announced which includes Silk Sonic, Ari Lennox, Lucky Daye, and Leon Bridges as well as Honorees Maxwell and Ashanti.
They will take center stage at the world-famous Apollo Theater on Sunday, Nov. 28, at 8 p.m./EST., with returning co-hosts and friends, Tisha Campbell and Tichina Arnold.
Nominees for the Soul Train Awards were announced previously with H.E.R. leading the pack with eight nominations, six nominations each for Chris Brown and Jazmine Sullivan, and five nominations each for Wiz Kid and Tems.
The “Soul Train Awards” annual Soul-Cypher is a tradition started by former host, Erykah Badu features a group of artists freestyling to a beat. This year’s artists participating in the Soul-Cypher are Koryn Hawthorne, D-Nice, Jac Ross, Tone Stith, Musiq Soulchild, Elle Varner, D-Nice, and more.
Be sure to tune in on November 28 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on BET and BET Her
Pop star Demi Lovato has been named celebrity of the year at the 2021 British LGBT Awards.
The singer came out as non-binary in May earlier this year and now uses the pronouns they/them.
The awards, which were held on Friday evening, celebrate the best British and international LGBT+ talent, as well as the allies and organisations which support them.
Other celebrities who won awards on the night included American politician Hillary Clinton and British musician Olly Alexander.
Mrs Clinton, who is a former US secretary of state and presidential candidate, was awarded the global ally award.
She joined the ceremony by video-link and said she "could not be prouder to stand with the LGBT+ community", adding there is "more work to be done to change laws and change hearts and minds" until LGBT+ people secure full equality.
TV presenter Phillip Schofield was also honoured with a special prize. The Dancing on Ice host, who announced last year that he's gay, gave an emotional video message as he received a special recognition award.
Olympic boxing champion Nicola Adams, who made history when she become one half of Strictly Come Dancing's first female same-sex couple during last year's series, won the LGBT+ role model prize and singer Anne-Marie was named music artist of the year.
England and Wolverhampton Wanderers footballer Conor Coady won the football ally award, which was introduced this year to highlight the lack of gay, bisexual and gender expansive representation in the upper leagues of the sport.
Coady, who has supported the charity Stonewall's Rainbow Laces campaign to make football more inclusive for LGBT+ people, said he was "deeply honoured and incredibly proud" to be recognised.
"We were so delighted to be able to host a celebration of the people working hard to advocate for and advance LGBT+ rights after what has been a difficult 18 months.," said the event's founder Sarah Garrett.
"All of the winners and nominees are incredibly deserving."
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be considering relocating to Windsor in a move that would mean they are better able to support the Queen as they take on a more senior role at the heart of the Royal Family.
The couple, who currently split their time between Kensington Palace in London and Anmer Hall in Norfolk, are understood to be "seriously considering" moving as they take on a more senior role at the heart of the Royal Family.
They are reported to be looking at various possible properties around Windsor Great Park as a long term base for their family.
Anmer Hall on the Sandringham Estate was a wedding gift from the Queen and after being extensively renovated became the family's permanent home between 2015 and 2017.
At the time the Norfolk property was conveniently located because Prince William was working as a helicopter pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
But with their two older children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, at school in London, and the Duke and Duchess taking on more royal responsibilities, a move to Windsor is seen as more appropriate for their lifestyle.
Despite reports that the Cambridge's were planning to send Prince George to a new prep school in Berkshire, the Telegraph understands the eight-year-old will return to Thomas's Battersea next month for the start of the new school year.
He will be joined by six-year-old Princess Charlotte, who goes into Year Two, while their younger brother Prince Louis, three, will remain at Willcocks Nursery School in Kensington.
If Princes George and Louis are to follow in their father's footsteps and attend Eton, a move to Windsor would also mean their school would be on the doorstep.
Relocating to Windsor would also mean they were less than an hour's drive from Bucklebury in Berkshire where Kate's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton live.
One option could be Frogmore House, which is currently unoccupied and just half a mile from Windsor Castle, within the grounds of Windsor Home Park
Its 35 acre gardens are sometimes referred to as the Royal Family’s "secret bolt-hole".
The Queen has described them as "wonderfully relaxing" and often drives there to walk her dogs.
The house, which is open to the public on certain days of the year, was the chosen venue for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding reception in May 2018.
Bought by Queen Charlotte in 1792, who employed the architect James Wyatt to transform the house and grounds, it has remained a special place for the Royal Family.
The future George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, loved it so much that they even spent part of their honeymoon there in 1923.
It is also the burial place of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, with the former praising its tranquility as “you only hear the hum of bees, the singing of the birds”.
But among all the practical considerations, relocating to Windsor would allow the couple to provide much needed support to the Queen following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh earlier this year.
The 95-year-old monarch plans to base herself permanently at Windsor when she returns from her summer break at Balmoral.
The Duke and Duchess of Wessex, the Duke of York and Princess Eugenie all live close to Windsor and having the Cambridges close by as well, would give the Queen a boost, according to royal sources.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex lived in Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor estate until they relocated to the United States, but that property is now being used by Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank, who have a six-month old son.
A spokesman for the Cambridges refused to comment and described the reports as "speculation".
Rev. Jesse Jackson Moved to Rehab Center After COVID-19 Diagnosis While His Wife, Jacqueline, Is Moved to the ICU
The family of the Rev. Jesse Jackson announced Friday that the civil rights icon has been transferred to a rehabilitation facility and his wife, Jacqueline, was moved to the intensive care unit as they continue treatment for COVID-19.
This comes after the Jacksons were initially admitted to Chicago’s Northwestern Memorial Hospital last Saturday after testing positive for the virus.
ABC 7 in Chicago reports that while Rev. Jackson, 79, has recovered from COVID-19, his family says the symptoms of his Parkinson’s disease have “become more in focus.” He is now at the Shirley Ryan Ability Lab, according to ABC 7, where he will undergo intensive occupational and physical therapy.
Meanwhile, ABC 7 reports that Jacqueline Jackson, 77, is receiving increased oxygen at Northwestern Memorial’s ICU.
She is still breathing on her own and hasn’t been placed on a ventilator.
More from ABC 7:
Their family praised the medical care Jackson and his wife are receiving, and urged everyone who has not yet been vaccinated to do so “immediately.”
“We continue to receive the love that is being poured out to our family from around the world and it is greatly appreciated, as we express our love and concern for the millions of people who have been victimized by the COVID-19 virus and its variants. We know this is a dangerous disease so please remain prayerful for all of those who are suffering as a result,” the family said in their statement.
Rev. Jackson received his first dose of the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine during a January news conference, and has encouraged Black communities to do the same. A Jackson family spokesman told NBC Chicago that Jacqueline Jackson has not been vaccinated. He declined to elaborate further.
Adidja Palmer, popularly known as Vybz Kartel, shared several profound, life-changing gems in the second part of his interview with Lisa Evers on Fox 5 New York.
The Fox 5 reporter marveled at his ability to keep a positive mental attitude despite being behind bars on a murder charge for almost a decade.
“I have to, if you know someone is trying to destroy you, that’s where they are going to get their pleasure from, you have to be on top of your game, constantly proving them wrong”, he said.
Vybz Kartel said that his haters are as much of an influence to him in prison as his fans are, “that’s kinda how I stay strong for my children and mother”.
When asked about how the king of the dancehall is chosen, Vybz Kartel spoke of having major influence, power and dominance in the dancehall.
“You have to be able to put people on, to destroy people if necessary, musically, that’s what the King is”, he said.
Though the self-proclaimed ‘King of the Dancehall’ is mainly known for being sexually explicit in most of his chart-topping releases, the hit songs ‘Unstoppable’ and ‘Selassie Love We’, and others reinforce what stood out as the climax of the interview.
“When I was growing up, I didn’t know I was going to be rich, I thought rich people were rich, poor people were poor, that was it, it couldn’t change”. He continued to state that a lot of people have that mindset and says that it’s a terrible mindset to have. He is grateful that he was able to change that mindset and for the opportunities, he has gotten. “I have to count my blessings”.
The artist is positive that by 2022 he will be a free man and his legion of Gaza followers are at the edge of their seats while his attorney Isat Buchanan appeals for his conviction to be overturned by the UK Privy Council.
A multi-agency probe continues as security officials look to uncover the circumstances that lead to the unauthorized Fox 5 interview.
Michael B. Jordan is issuing an apology after the name of his new rum brand, J'Ouvert, sparked backlash over cultural sensitivities.
An annual festival with origins in Trinidad, J'ouvert - an Antillean Creole French term translating to "daybreak" - goes back to the 18th century, during a time when people were still enslaved in the Caribbean country.
Many have used social media to explain the cultural significance of the holiday, including one Instagram user whose post was shared by Nicki Minaj. (The singer was born in Trinidad and Tobago.)
Jordan, 34, posted his apology on his Instagram Story Tuesday night, writing, "I just wanna say on behalf of myself & my partners, our intention was never to offend or hurt a culture (we love & respect) & hoped to celebrate & shine a positive light on."
"Last few days has been a lot of listening. A lot of learning & engaging in countless community conversations ... " the Without Remorse star continued.
Jordan ended his post by assuring readers, "We hear you. I hear you & want to be clear that we are in the process of renaming. We sincerely apologize & look forward to introducing a brand we can all be proud of."
Hours before Jordan addressed the controversy, Minaj, 38, shared an image that broke down the historical significance of the J'ouvert event. The post read, in part, "IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE NAME IT'S WHAT IT REPRESENTS PERTAINING TO ENSLAVEMENT AND FREEDOM."
"I'm sure MBJ didn't intentionally do anything he thought Caribbean ppl would find offensive- but now that you are aware, change the name & continue to flourish & prosper. 🙏🏾🇹🇹 #jouvert," the "Super Bass" hitmaker wrote in her caption
In an exclusive interview with Hollywood Unlocked with Jason Lee, T.I. and Tiny former friend and alleged sexual assault victim Sabrina Peterson is now alleging that she was told by a Grand Hustle artist that T.I. paid him $25,000 to kill her in the midst of her allegations against him and his wife.
Around the 28-minute mark of the below video, Peterson describes the circumstances under which she was informed of the alleged hit, which she said she was told about not long before she was released from prison. “Maybe like right when I came home from prison, he was laughing… He was like, ‘You know that n***a tried to pay me to kill you?’”
See the entire interview below.
Last month, Peterson said that she would drop the lawsuit against the Harrises if they apologized to her within a week of her IG request. The request went unanswered and this appears to be Peterson’s next claim to be heard in court.
Vin Diesel speaks on former beef with ‘Fast & Furious’ co-star Dwayne Johnson: ‘That took a lot of work’
Vin Diesel is opening up about his rocky relationship with former Fast & Furious co-star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The F9 star, 53, spoke about working with Johnson, 49, in the hit film series with Men’s Health for the publication's July/August issue cover interview, People reports.
"It was a tough character to embody, the Hobbs character," Diesel said. "My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to assist in getting that performance where it needed to be."
The actor continued, "As a producer to say, 'Okay, we're going to take Dwayne Johnson, who's associated with wrestling, and we're going to force this cinematic world, audience members, to regard his character as someone that they don't know' - Hobbs hits you like a ton of bricks."
"That's something that I'm proud of, that aesthetic. That took a lot of work. We had to get there and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love. Not Felliniesque, but I would do anything I'd have to do in order to get performances in anything I'm producing."
The feud between the two co-stars first surfaced in 2016 while filming “The Fate of the Furious,” the franchises eighth film, the outlet reports.
Johnson sparked the feud rumors as he took to Instagram with an angry rant about some of his male costars. "Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don't," he said. "The ones that don't are too chicken s— to do anything about it anyway. Candy a—es."
Johnson later spoke about their improving relationship in an interview with Rolling Stone.
"Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer," the former WWE star said. "And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach moviemaking and collaborating. It took me some time, but I'm grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not."
"I wish him all the best, and I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have," Johnson continued, before cheekily adding, "Actually, you can erase that last part about 'no ill will.' We'll just keep it with the clarity."
A slew of leading Caribbean celebrities have adopted the new title of “Disaster Fighters” ahead of the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season, which climate scientists forecast will be above normal.
Top West Indian cricketers and music stars are joining arms as the new “Disaster Fighters” with The Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA), the regional inter-governmental agency for disaster management in the Caribbean Community, (CARICOM).
The creative campaign to fighting disasters this season, kicks off today, May 31, 2021, one day ahead of the start of the hurricane season, and aims at reiterating the importance of Caribbean nationals to be prepared, especially in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
West Indian cricketers, DJ Bravo, Darren Ganga and Stacey-Ann King of Trinidad and Tobago; Jamaica’s Chris Gayle; St. Lucia’s Darren Sammy, and St. Kitts & Nevis’ Kieran Powell, have joined forces with retired celebrity cricketing great, Sir Gary Sobers of Barbados and former cricketer turned music star Omari Banks of Anguilla, as well as musicians Mr Killa of Grenada, Tafa Mi Soleil of Haiti and Ricky T and QPID of St. Lucia, for the May 31st campaign kick-off.
The new CDEMA ground-breaking initiative, supported by the Africa Caribbean Pacific – European Union Natural Disaster Risk Reduction (ACP-EU NDRR) Program, the Canada Caribbean Resilience Facility, the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (managed by the World Bank), and Binance Charity, aims at increasing community preparedness and resilience to risks, such as hurricanes, volcanoes, COVID-19, and other natural hazards affecting the Caribbean region, through a catchy disaster prevention song and music video that will be promoted on social media.
The month-long campaign that coincides with the beginning of the annual hurricane season and will feature important preparedness messages alongside the campaign song and music video on Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as the campaign’s website, disaster-fighters.org.
In an unprecedented move for the campaign, CDEMA will implement its first-ever Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) marketplace to raise donations and support disaster preparedness and disasters in the region. Participating musicians, cricketers and other celebrities will donate signed balls, t-shirts and various memorabilia including exclusive, limited-edition collectibles, that will be auctioned to the public as part of the initiative’s fundraising efforts. Items will include unique, personalized messages from the “Disaster Fighters” celebrity team.
Fans and the public are encouraged to show their support for the initiative by purchasing collectibles signed by their favorite celebrities to assist CDEMA in the important and meaningful work it does.
“Many Caribbean countries have been battling the compound impacts of drought, COVID-19, volcanic eruptions and now hurricane season,” said Elizabeth Riley, Executive Director (ag), CDEMA. “We wanted to use an innovative, inclusive approach to ensure that communities are empowered with the necessary plans, information and tools to tackle the disaster impacts that we as a region have been facing.”
Tahseen Sayed, World Bank Country Director for the Caribbean, added: “The past year has been very challenging for the Caribbean. Although much of the region has managed the health effects of the pandemic through early actions, the socioeconomic impacts have been severe. It is more important than ever this year for Caribbean countries and people to be well-prepared for the hurricane season. We are pleased to support this innovative new campaign from CDEMA that aims to help communities protect themselves and their livelihoods.”
For more log on the initiative and the marketplace log on to disaster-fighters.org or on Tik Tok, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Source: News Amercicas Now