Britain's Prince Harry, who now lives in California, is expected to attend his grandfather Prince Philip's funeral in London, Buckingham Palace confirmed Saturday.
Harry's wife, Meghan Markle, is pregnant with their second child and will not travel for the service, however.
"The Duke of Sussex is planning to attend. The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel. So the duke will be attending," a royal spokesman said Saturday afternoon, according to People.com.
Harry's brother, Prince William, 38, had been scheduled to participate in the virtual BAFTA Awards ceremony honoring excellence in film this weekend, but he canceled after Philip died.
"In light of the Duke of Edinburgh's passing, the Duke of Cambridge will no longer be part of BAFTA programming this weekend," the British Academy said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "Our thoughts are with the royal family, to whom we offer our deepest sympathy at this time."
Philip married Queen Elizabeth II in 1947 and was the longest-serving consort of a reigning British monarch.
He died Friday at home after spending weeks in London hospitals and undergoing an unspecified heart procedure March 4 for a pre-existing condition. He was 99.
Harry, 36, and Markle, 39, announced last year that they were stepping away from their roles as senior members of the royal family.
They recently accused Harry's family and palace staff of mistreatment in a televised interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Paramount announced new release dates for Top Gun: Maverick, Mission: Impossible 7, a new Star Trek film and more films Friday. With the shifting release dates, Universal moved a film into a vacated spot, too.
Deadline first reported Paramount's new slate and Variety confirmed. Tom Cruise's Top Gun sequel vacates its July 2 slot. The follow-up to Cruise's 1986 hit was originally slated for the 2020 holiday movie season before COVID-19 delays.
Mission: Impossible 7 was due Nov. 19, but Top Gun will take that date, bumping Mission to May 27, 2022. Cruise's spy sequel was in production under COVID-19 safety protocols. An eighth Mission: Impossible moves from Nov. 4, 2022 to July 7, 2023.
Deadline reports that The Forever Purge will take Top Gun's place on July 2. It was originally opening July 9, postponed from the 2020 4th of July weekend. Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway also moves to June 18, from its previous July 2 date.
Paramount has set June 9, 2023 as a date for a new Star Trek film. However, the studio was entertaining multiple possible Star Trek ideas, including one with the cast of J.J. Abrams' reboot, one written and directed by Noah Hawley, and another proposed by Quentin Tarantino.
Paramount's Dungeons and Dragons reboot moves from May 27, 2022 to March 3, 2023. The G.I. Joe spin-off Snake Eyes moves earlier, from Oct. 22 to July 23, 2021.
The fourth Jackass movie moves from Sept. 3 to Snake Eyes' old Oct. 22 date. A Bee Gees biopic directed by Kenneth Branagh opens Nov. 4, 2022.
A Ron Howard animated film, The Shrinking of Treehorn opens Nov. 10, 2023 and an untitled Ryan Reynolds and John Krasinski film opens Nov. 17, 2023.
Showtime is giving a glimpse of The Chi Season 4.
The network shared a trailer for the season Thursday featuring Alex Hibbert as Kevin Williams and Michael Epps as Jake Taylor.
The preview shows Jake (Epps) and Kevin (Hibbert) have a confrontation with a police officer that appears to land Jake in the hospital. Jake's brother Trig (Luke James) is also seen being confronted by a police officer with a gun.
"There's a war going on outside. The police department is on one side and the Black community is on the other," Otis "Douda" Perry (Curtiss Cook) is seen saying.
Season 4 will follow Jake, Kevin and Papa (Shamon Brown) as they "confront the harsh reality of how the world views young, Black men in the aftermath of an act of police brutality," according to an official synopsis.
"As the three friends reckon with a broken system, the aftershocks ripple across the South Side, inspiring friends and neighbors to rise up and take action."
The Chi is created by Lena Waithe, who executive produces the series with Common. Jacob Latimore, Alex Hibbert, Yolonda Ross and Birgundi Baker co-star.
Season 4 premieres May 23 at 9 p.m. EDT on Showtime.
Will Smith and Martin Lawrence transformed into their Detective Mike Lowry and Marcus Burnett characters to celebrate the 26th anniversary of their classic film, Bad Boys.
In a video shared on Instagram Wednesday, 52-year-old Will dons his signature sunglasses as 55-year-old Martin put on his police badge, mirroring the film's poster.
"When we say FOR LIFE we mean it. Bad Boys came out 26 years ago today! @martinlawrence," Smith wrote in the caption.
Sharing the video on his Instagram page, Martin Lawrence wrote, "...And we still riding strong. Bad Boys for life. #teammartymar."
The original Bad Boys action movie came out in 1995. Smith and Lawrence reprised their roles in 2003's Bad Boys II as Miami narcotics detectives on the hunt for a dangerous Cuban drug smuggler. Last year's box office smash, Bad Boys for Life, won Outstanding Motion Picture at the 52nd NAACP Image Awards in March. During their acceptance speech, Smith and Lawrence hinted they're developing a fourth and final installment in the franchise.
Demi Lovato is aware of the disturbing parallels between her 2018 overdose and what DMX is currently experiencing as he fights for his life in the hospital.
DMX, the 50-year-old rapper whose real name is Earl Simmons, is currently in critical condition in the ICU after suffering a heart attack on Friday. The heart attack was reportedly triggered by a possible drug overdose.
Speaking with TMZ Live on Tuesday, Lovato opened up about hearing the news of the performer's critical condition.
"Anytime that I see somebody OD or even pass away that's in the public eye, I immediately think, 'That could have been you had you not been putting all this work in to the last couple years of your life,'" the 28-year-old "The Art of Starting Over" singer shared. "There's times where I've even talked about feeling survivor's guilt because you do ask yourself why am I still here? Why are others not? It's a challenging thing to get over."
Lovato, who revealed in her YouTube docuseries, Demi Lovato: Dancing With the Devil, that doctors had given her five to 10 more minutes to survive after her 2018 overdose, said that she tries to see the positive in her situation.
"Ultimately, I had to realize that every day is a day that someone else doesn't get," she continued. "Every day that I'm here on this earth is a day that I need to be counting my blessings for and just being appreciative and grateful for it. It makes me want to live the best life I can possibly live, knowing that others didn't get the same chance that I did."
In her docuseries, Lovato opens up about the many medical complications and struggles she faced following the overdose.
"I had three strokes. I had a heart attack. I suffered brain damage from the strokes," Lovato shared. "I can't drive anymore. I have blind spots in my vision."
Vigils have been held outside of DMX's hospital room in White Plains, New York, following the news of his condition.
A source close to DMX told ET that medical staff "tried to revive him twice in the house, and revived him again in the hospital."
"This is a very difficult time for the family," another source told ET, adding that DMX had recently relapsed with his drug addiction and had also suffered from COVID-19. "They are standing by his bedside, holding his hand and praying. They are really in prayer mode."
The cause of Tiger Woods's crash will be released today, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says
Six weeks after golf legend Tiger Woods suffered serious leg injuries in a car accident, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said it will release details of the cause of the crash Wednesday.
Sheriff Alex Villanueva will discuss the findings of the investigation at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET).
Last week, the sheriff said the investigation was complete, but he could not release the collision report without the golfer's permission.
Woods was driving a Genesis SUV around 7 a.m. February 23 when the vehicle veered off the road and rolled over.
After weeks in the hospital, Woods has been recovering at home.
"Happy to report that I am back home and continuing my recovery," Woods tweeted in March.
"I am so grateful for the support and encouragement that I have received over the past few weeks.
DMX remains on life support in a New York hospital, and Wednesday will be an extremely critical day that could determine his outcome.
X remains in a coma and his condition has not materially changed ... his manager, Steve Rifkind, tells TMZ.
Members of DMX's family visited him Tuesday night ... leaving at around 10 PM.
Rifkind says doctors will perform a battery of tests Wednesday to determine the level of brain function. As we reported, when DMX OD'd Friday night, his brain was deprived of oxygen for nearly 30 minutes. Multiple sources told us ... he had "little brain activity."
Although we're told the prognosis does not look good, Wednesday's tests will determine decisions the family may have to make.
One thing's for sure, millions of fans are pulling for him. The vigil outside the hospital where DMX lays in ICU was extremely moving. DMX's fiancee, mom and some of his kids have been at the hospital visiting him.
There's been a lot of inaccurate information floating around about X's condition, and Rifkind wanted to make it clear ... "DMX is currently on life support and in a coma. There are multiple people with inaccurate information about his well-being and it is not helpful and productive. Tomorrow he will undergo further tests on his brain function and his family will determine what's best from there. We appreciate your prayers and support."
Since Prince Harry launched the Invictus Games in 2014, he has been credited with creating a life-changing community for wounded, injured, and sick servicemen and women. Now he is set to shine a spotlight on some of their stories even further through a new documentary series about the competitors.
It was announced today that the first Netflix series Harry and Meghan’s company Archewell Productions will create will be about Invictus as competitors prepare for the 2022 Games. With the working title Heart of Invictus, the series will see Harry take on the role of Executive Producer in addition to appearing on camera. And while Harry and Meghan’s deal with Netflix is believed to be worth significant money, a spokesperson confirmed to T&C that for this project any compensation will be redirected to The Invictus Games Foundation.
In a release posted online today, the Invictus Games shared how the multi-episode series will “join the competitors as they train, and along the way reveal powerful stories of resilience and hope.” It added that it will also follow the work of organizers preparing for the event in The Hague, which has been postponed since 2020 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“Since the very first Invictus Games back in 2014, we knew that each competitor would contribute in their own exceptional way to a mosaic of resilience, determination, and resolve,” Prince Harry said in a statement. “This series will give communities around the world a window into the moving and uplifting stories of these competitors on their path to the Netherlands next year.”
Harry and Meghan announced last September that they had signed a multi-year deal with Netflix, which is rumored to be worth as much as $150 million. They said they would be producing content including scripted series, documentaries, features, and children’s programming, and later made it clear they would not be taking part in any reality shows.
Since the first Games in 2014, hundreds of competitors have taken part in adaptive sports at events in London, Orlando, Toronto, and Sydney. The Games at The Hague next year are expected to see 500 competitors from 20 nations compete in events across the city. In a speech launching the 2018 Games in Sydney, Harry said: “From my life-changing flight back from the battlefields of Afghanistan, to the example of America’s warrior games, Invictus was inspired by the experiences I had alongside our servicemen and women from many nations.”
“These Games were created for our men and women in uniform; designed around their talents and their needs; and built not just for them, but also for the friends and families that have supported their recoveries and had their lives changed forever.”
Source: Town & Country
A documentary series spanning over two decades of footage and home videos of Kanye West’s life and work has landed at Netflix.
Billboard, which first reported the news, cites sources putting the price tag at Netflix at $30 million, though a person familiar with the matter tells Variety that that is not an accurate figure. The series is said to include never-before-seen footage of West, and will cover his career in music and fashion, his failed 2020 presidential bid, and the death of his mother, Donda West.
The multi-part docuseries, which does not yet have a title, hails from music video producing duo Clarence “Coodie” Simmons and Chike Ozah, better known as Coodie & Chike, who directed and produced West’s 2004 music video “Jesus Walks (Version 3)” and “Through the Wire.” The pair have also produced and directed the 2012 ESPN “30 for 30” documentary “Benji,” about Benjamin Wilson; music videos for Lupe Fiasco, Erykah Badu and others; and the 2019 documentary on former professional basketball player Stephon Marbury, “A Kid From Coney Island.”
The Netflix project is expected to be released this year, according to Billboard. A spokesperson for the streaming service declined to comment.
Last month, West won his first gospel Grammy and 22nd career Grammy for his “Jesus Is King” album, marking the first time since 2013 that he has received honors from the Recording Academy. In addition to winning traditional gospel album for “Jesus Is Born” at the GMA (Gospel Music Association) Dove Awards, West also picked up rap/hip hop album for “Jesus Is King” and rap/hip-hop recorded song for “Follow God.”
Kylie Jenner is officially booted off Forbes' billionaires list 2 years after being named the world's 'youngest self-made billionaire'
Kylie Jenner was officially booted off this year's Forbes billionaires ranking, two years after Forbes controversially named her the world's "youngest self-made billionaire."
The 23-year-old socialite, along with 60 others, dropped off Forbes' 35th annual billionaires list, announced on Tuesday.
Jenner became rich from her Kylie Cosmetics company, valued at about $1.2 billion. In 2019, she sold 51% of the company to Coty for $600 million.
Forbes reported in 2020 that Jenner and her mother and manager, Kris Jenner, had inflated their wealth in documents they'd sent, accusing "Kylie's camp" of "lying."
Forbes said that the Jenners had invited the magazine's reporters into their homes and their accountants' offices and that they'd created tax returns "that were likely forged."
Forbes reporters compared what the Jenners did to Donald Trump's maneuvers to look richer than he actually was. They estimated that Kylie Jenner's wealth was likely "just under $900 million."
Jenner's net worth has recently been estimated to be about $700 million. But another member of the Kardashian/Jenner family made it to Forbes' list: Kim Kardashian West is officially a billionaire.
Forbes reported on Tuesday that Kardashian West was worth $1 billion because of the success of KKW Beauty and her shapewear company, Skims.